The musical talents of our students are in the air. That’s the sound of our BCE dollars at work!
Check it out! It wasn’t too long ago when Burlingame School District implemented a comprehensive TK-8th grade music curriculum with the financial support of BCE. And you’ll hear the benefits at the concerts this month:
- December 1, 7:00 pm: Roosevelt 4-5th Concert
- December 2, 7:00 pm: Lincoln 4-5th grade concert
- December 3, 7:00 pm: Franklin 4-5th grade concert
- December 9, 7:00 pm: Washington 4-5th grade concert
- December 10, 7:00 pm: BIS Jazz Band and Choral concert
- December 15, 7:00 pm: McKinley 4-5th grade concert
- December 17, 7:00 pm: BIS symphonic bands concert
Did you know that BIS has seven bands and three chorus groups? Did you know that over 2300 students grades TK-5 sing weekly in chorus? Last year, 472 students in grades 4-5 received weekly instrumental instruction? All of this is under the direction of an incredible accredited music teacher staff, and you will hear the difference at the upcoming music concerts.
That’s music to our ears!
-Sari McConnell, Vice President of Marketing, BCE