CONGRATULATIONS BSD, we crushed our goal!!
Our students read over ONE MILLION minutes – 1,048,944 to be precise! Thanks to our generous donors supporting their amazing readers, we raised $145,228 exceeding both our goals for dollars raised and minutes read – way to go BSD! Each school is awarding the grand prize of a new iPad to one lucky reader; see below for the list of winners:
- BIS winner: Amelie Dalporto
- Franklin winner: Derek Chen
- Hoover winner: Simone Garcia-Afshar
- Lincoln winner: Lexi Podkaminer
- McKinley winner: Thalin Rees
- Roosevelt winner: Jaden Cayabyab
- Washington winner: Elsa Scimeca
Not only does the BCE Read-a-thon encourage students to increase their time spent reading, but it is a way to bring the kids into the conversation and teach them how this fundraiser gives them the opportunity to be directly involved in their education. BCE allows us to do some wonderful things in all of our schools, but we could not do this without the support of our community.
We wanted to take a moment to thank all our awesome BCE Read-a-thon volunteers, our teachers, principals and librarians without whom this event would not be possible. Our Read-a-thon reps at each school created fun, engaging and exciting events and activities for the kids each and every day of the Read-a-thon! You guys rock!
BCE and the Read-a-thon team:
- Read-a-thon Event Chair: Irene Motoviloff
- Read-a-thon Marketing Chair: Graham Mudd
- Graphic Designer: Tricia Betts
- Webmaster: Winnie Wong
- Minute Tracker Wizards: Mike and Sherri Jarrett
- VP Events: Kate Reed
- VP Business Development: Jeff DeMartini
- VP Marketing: Jen Kulin
- BCE Staff: Angela Dubovsky, Felicia Ng, Amy Johnstone
- BIS Team (194,972 Minutes): Amy Grenier and Kimmarie Matthews and Site Rep: Malinda Pauly
- Franklin Team (174,455 Minutes): Manisha Loonawat and Nora Parks and Site Rep: Victoria Terry
- Hoover Team (80,482 Minutes): Sherri Jarrett and Sara Frazer and Site Rep: Carolyn Way
- Lincoln Team (177,369 Minutes): Lisa Winter, Lisa Lowe, Gretchen Kindberg, Marria Nazif and Site Rep: Lisa Mudd
- McKinley Team (120,315 Minutes): Darci Rosenblum and Angela Bennett and Site Rep: Liz Anderson
- Roosevelt Team (138,371 Minutes): Erika Kelly and Katie Ward and Site Rep: Kristin Flenniken
- Washington Team (163,000 Minutes): Joe Benaglia and Charlene Hart and Site Rep: Margaret Burke
A Special thank you to our amazing Dads’ Clubs that were able to donate the grand prize iPads for their schools:
- Franklin Dads’ Club
- Roosevelt Dads’ Club
- Washington Dads’ Club
Thank you to Corey, Luzaich, de Ghetaldi & Riddle LLP for the great bookmarks for all the kids.
Thank you to Maverick Jack’s, Books Inc., Five Little Monkeys, Urban Bistro, Asian Box, and authors, Stefania Shaffer, Joanne Garrison of the Burlingame Historical Society, and Sandra Feder for helping support our great BCE Read-a-thon events during the week.
BCE is very thankful for our sponsors generously supporting BCE’s 2018 Read-a-thon:
Title Sponsor ($5,000):
Scholar Sponsors ($2,500):
Supporting Sponsors ($1,000):