Today we’re celebrating BCE’s record-breaking $1,795,000 grant to Burlingame School District at all school sites. Generous donors like you deserve a day of celebration!
The $1,795,000 grant that we’ll be spending on our kids this year is the result of our 2014-2015 BCE Annual Campaign. Thanks to you, our grant will help fund the following important programs:
- teacher salaries to help keep class sizes as low as possible (24 max in grades TK-3)
- teacher professional development
- district math and science coaching/curriculum specialists
- TK-8th grade choral and instrumental music program
- middle school musical
- credentialed physical education specialists
- TK-8th grade library specialists
- 4th-5th grade classroom instructional aides
And new this year:
- integrated technology specialist
- integrated art program and professional development
Today is also our official 2015-2016 BCE Annual Campaign Kickoff. The moment our proceeds are distributed to BSD, we start at zero again to raise money for next year’s grant.
California places 46th in the nation in education funding per student, so Burlingame’s strong public schools do not happen by accident. Quite the opposite. BCE is the primary fundraising vehicle for parents and community members to help BSD create a rich and inspiring education for all TK-8th grade students. And this community rises to the occasion every year!
Many thanks for your continuous support year after year.
PSST! Join us at the Vinyl Room, 221 Park Road, on September 21 at 7:30 pm for more celebrating at the BCE Annual Campaign Kickoff and Public Board Meeting featuring special guest speakers and a very social night!