The BCE Read-a-thon is a week-long fundraiser that promotes literacy, inspires excitement about reading, and increases awareness about BCE. Students seek sponsorships to benefit BCE and compete for classroom and individual prizes for the most minutes read! Be on the lookout for BCE Read-a-thon envelopes being sent home mid-January and get ready to help your student to track all minutes read outside of class.
Pledges can be made online by going to this link starting Tuesday, January 17. Donations can still be made by check payable to BCE.
Prizes For Reading!
- Five Little Monkeys/Books Inc. gift card for Top reader in each class.
- 1 month’s free trial to Texture for all students and Parents – Texture gives you unlimited access to 200+ magazines in just one app. Now read all of your favorites anytime, anywhere. Visit texture.com/BCE this month for your special 30-day free trial!
- All participating students will automatically be entered into a prize drawing for a chance to win an iPad Mini along with a free 6-month subscription to Texture. If students collect $100 or more in donations they will be awarded an extra entry into the prize drawing!
- Daily class prizes and surprises for all students.
- Only minutes read between Saturday, January 21 and Friday, January 27 count towards your total minutes read.
- Minutes that count are before/after school, during recess, at home, being read to, and reading to others. Remember reading time counts no matter whether it is in a book or on a device. Magazines, newspapers and comics all count towards minutes read. Minutes read during class do not count.
- You do not need to collect donations to participate but you must log all your minutes online to be eligible for prizes.
- Minutes will be tracked ONLINE ONLY at www.bcefoundation.org/read2017
- Pledges can be made online by going to the read-a-thon donation page. Donations can still be made by check payable to BCE. Please place cheques/cash in the Read-a-thon envelope and return to your school office by January 31st.
January 21 – January 27: Read! Read! Read!
Minutes must be tracked using the online minute tracker
January 24: Books Inc Shopping Event
Visit Books Inc., 1375 Burlingame Avenue, for the one-night shopping event in support of the BCE Read-a-thon. Books Inc. will donate 20% of your purchases between 6-8pm.
January 27 – January 31: Collect Donations
We strongly encourage that all donations be made online by visiting bcefoudation.org. If online donations cannot be made, please use the Read-a-thon envelope to insert cash or checks. All donations are tax-deductible and will be counted as part of your annual contribution to BCE.
January 31: Donations are Due!
Hand in your donations to school or donate online.
All proceeds from the 2017 BCE Read-a-thon go to BCE to help enhance your child’s education!
Thank you to our sponsors: Texture, Burlingamer, Maverick Jack’s, The Studio Shop, Books Inc. and Five Little Monkeys for their generous support of the 2017 BCE Read-a-thon.