Burlingame School District provides an exceptional education for our students. But many school facilities are outdated and are in serious need of repair.
Measure M would provide dedicated, locally controlled funding to ensure that our students have the safe, modern classrooms they need to reach their full potential. The $56 million bond will be used to begin work on the BSD facilities master plan. The BCE board has endorsed Measure M as it represents a key component that impacts our children’s education. While BCE’s grant helps fund many essential programs and staff, Measure M will fund essential repairs and upgrades to school facilities.
Measure M will fund the following:
- Repairs, maintenance and upgrades to classrooms.
- Access for students with disabilities.
- Removal of lead and asbestos.
- Fixing leaking roofs.
- Updates to bring facilities in compliance with current earthquake, fire and safety codes.
- Single point of entry gates at all schools.
- Upgrades to science, technology and engineering labs to meet 21st century standards.
Measure M has also been endorsed by the San Mateo Daily Journal. The campaign to pass Measure M is in full swing and your help is needed.
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Sign up to volunteer a couple hours of your time by phone banking and/or precinct walking.
- Get a yard sign.
- Like the Vote Yes on Measure M Facebook page for updates.
- See the Measure M FAQs for more information and what to tell your neighbors and friends.
Thank you for your time, energy and support in spreading the word.